Nytt kurs: Advanced Steel Design – Plastic and Fatigue analysis
This 1-day course, 4. February in Stockholm, aiming for designers in need for deeper knowledge in the fields Plastic- and Fatigue analysis. Two of the best lectures in Sweden within this area will lead the course, prof. Mikael Möller and prof. Mohammad Al-Emrani.
The curse will guide you from a basic level to an advanced level in plastic- and fatigue analysis.
Plastic analysis (morning session)
Professor Mikael Möller will give the lectures on plastic analysis:
– Basics in the theory of plasticity including yielding conditions and constitutive modeling
– Lower and upper bound theorems of plasticity with applications
– Limit analysis methods covering conditions on plasticity resistance for cross section under combined loads, beams and plates
– Calculation of elastoplastic resistance using FEM-analysis with conditions according to Eurocode 3.
Fatigue analysis (afternon session)
Professor Mohammad Al-Emrani will give the lectures on fatigue analysis:
– Principles and limitations when using fatigue analysis with the nominal stress method
– Problems and solutions when analyzing fatigue problems with FEM-calculations
– Background and applications on fatigue analysis when using local methods, such as the hot-spot and ENS-method
– Examples on how to use local methods
– An introduction, including examples, on how to use linear elastic fracture mechanic in fatigue calculations.
Håndboken Stabilisering gjennom skivevirkning er utarbeidet av professor em. Torsten Höglund. Den er nå oversatt den til norsk og tilpasset spesielle norske krav og forhold. Håndboken tar for seg dimensjonering og utførelse av tak av trapesformede stålplater, der stålplaten sammen med takbjelker danner en stiv skive.